Boy Scout Troop 565, Marietta GA Home Page

Late this afternoon we were notified by the Atlanta BSA Council that due to unforseen circumstances with instructors both rowing and fishing merit badges would be cancelled this weekend. As of now Sailing is still scheuled to take place 8-5. Due to the class cancellations we have made a decision as a troop to postpone our camping trip to Lake Allatoona. We will look to reschedule at a later date. In place of the camping trip we will complete a 5 mile hike at Kennesaw Mtn on Saturday. Many of our scouts need this requirement for rank advancement and merit badge requirements but all scouts are encouraged to attend. We will meet at the church at 8am Sat morning. We will need a minimum of 2 other parents to attend and also drivers. Scouts will need to come prepared wearing class b tshirt with a backpack, water, snacks and a compass.

We should return around 2pm. Please use the sign up in order to coordinate drivers. With the sailing merit badge still taking place and the 5 that were first to sign up (RJ, Charlie, Alex, Austin and Dawson) still want to attend I can coordinate that with you and the council. Any scouts attending sailing will need to provide their own transportation to and from along with a lunch. I do need to know tomorrow as soon as possible, preferably by lunch if each of you or a total of 5 scouts would still like to complete the sailing badge, email to Otherwise we will also cancel sailing tomorrow afternoon and all scouts can attend the hike. All money paid for the camping trip, merit badges and food can be refunded or applied to the next outing. This was a tough decision for troop leadership but we felt under the circumstances of the merit badge cancellations and the uncertainty in the weather starting Sat afternoon and evening we felt it would be the best decision for all

For the camping trip this weekend we will meet at the church at 6pm to leave by 630. We will not be stopping for a meal so please arrive having already eaten. It will be a short 30 minute drive up to the Aquatics Base at Lake Allatoona. We will then unload and set up camp. Sat morning scouts will be either working on merit badges or taking part in a service project at the lake. We should arrive back to the church mid to late Sun morning. Scouts will call or text you on the way home. Once back at the church all scouts will need to assist with clean up and putting equipment away before everyone is dismissed as a group. We have enough drivers with seats for the drive up Fri evening (Andrew, Dominic, Hairuo, Ryan, T, and Walt pulling the trailer.) We will need additional drivers for Sun morning, enough for 6 seats. Please email myself or Andrew Sain if you can drive on Sun morning. Also as a reminder if you did not attend summer camp and have not submitted parts a & b of the medical form please fill that out and bring with you on Fri afternoon. All scouts must have a current medical form on file. We have reviewed the necessary packing supplies however should you have questions there is a packing list within the file section of the website. With the approaching storm we will be closely monitoring weather for any necessary updates to the schedule. Looking forward to a fun filled and relaxing weekend!